V.W. and Loreta Kelley Scholarship
The V.W. and Loreta Kelley Alumni Endowed Scholarship is awarded annually to graduating seniors – one man and one woman – for graduate study.
The scholarship was named for the late V.W. Kelley ('40), former president of the Alumni Association, and his widow, Loreta (Lewis '39) Kelley, assistant professor emerita of home economics and family studies.
The recipients of the V.W. and Loreta Kelley Scholarship are selected by the Alumni Advisory Board. Selection criteria are as follows:
- Must be a graduating senior who has rendered outstanding service to fellow students and to Abilene Christian University
- Must be of the highest moral character
- Must have distinguished himself/herself in his/her chosen academic discipline
- Must be attending graduate school at ACU.
Graduating seniors can apply for the award here.
- Applications for 2015-16 close at 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 6.
- A separate letter of recommendation from an ACU faculty or staff member also is due Friday, Feb. 6.
- Applicants will be notified Monday, Feb. 9, whether they are a finalist.
- Finalists will be interviewed by the Alumni Advisory Board on Saturday, Feb. 14.
Past Recipients of the V.W. and Loreta Kelley Scholarship:
|Hunter Haley and Lauren Towe
Blaine Smith and Marissa Marolf
Jonathan Holmes and Noemi Palomares
Matthew Hale and Bonnie Sullivan
John Ashinhurst and Brittany Brumit
Jeremy Tatum and Charrelle Coates
Austin Basye and Whitney Kettren
Matt Wickes and Abby Loe
Alex Castro and Meg Goggin
Brandon Osborne and Elizabeth Alvarez
Jim Drachenberg and Kasey Lane
Lee Nault and Laura Zengerle
Jeff Patty and Jennifer Thigpen
John Vann and Lauren Webster
Andrew Babcock and Rebecca Bubert
Anthony Todd and Christie Kershbaum
Brian Cavitt and Mandy Scudder
Rob Conner and Ann Francis
John Siburt and Susan Hinds
Brian Hughes and Ghada Al-Atrash
Bryan McCaleb and Michelle Adams
Lance Caughfield and Patrice Natalicchio
Hunter Cooley and Kimberly Meador
Michael Martin and DeeAnn Comolli Reynolds
Don Heyen and Leslie Wilborn
Lance McAlister and Julie Fitzpatrick
Duane Young and Robyn Reed
Todd Coleman and Elaine Rainwater
Jim Cawthon and Holly Hill
Scott Fennel and Amy Adler
Gary Fleet and Leigh Ann Manis
Clay Hale and Sharon Johnston
Jimmy Cawyer and Rhonda Staples
John Tyson and Nita Parker
Guy "Mojo" Lewis and Melissa Daniels
Doug Williams and Melinda Scruggs
Dickie Porche and Becky Boone
Steve Green and Diane Church
Steve Allison and Judy Anderson
Greg Stirman and Terri Sue Kelley